AC Maintenance In Miami Gardens, Miramar, Hollywood, FL, and Surrounding Areas
An AC unit lasts a long time when you maintain it regularly, but if you wait too long between inspections and cleanings, problems may arise that could have been prevented by regular maintenance. For example, mold can grow inside your AC vents if they’re not checked regularly. If you have a lot of pets in your home, their hair can also build up inside the vents and cause damage to your AC system. Contact Us Today for AC Maintenance In Miami Gardens, Miramar, Hollywood, FL, and Surrounding Areas.
These are just two examples of preventable issues that can grow in a dirty air conditioner. To schedule an appointment for air conditioning maintenance at your convenience, contact Air Conditioning ProTech Corp today for AC maintenance services in Miramar, Miami Gardens, Hollywood, FL, and surrounding areas!
What Should You Expect During a Maintenance Appointment?
The HVAC service technician will take an inventory of your system to determine if any parts need replacing or upgrading. They’ll also recharge your refrigerant and check for signs of mold, pests, and rust. Here’s a quick overview of what they’ll do during your maintenance appointment:
- Inspect the outside unit and the inside coil; clean as needed.
- Check all electrical connections; tighten as needed.
- Check refrigerant levels and add as necessary.
- Lubricate moving parts, such as the fan blade, evaporator coil fins, and drain pan.
- Inspect thermostats for accuracy.
- Tighten all screws on panels, covers, and grilles.
If you have an older air conditioning unit, AC maintenance will ensure that your system works efficiently for as long as possible. AC maintenance should help keep a newer unit operating at peak performance efficiency levels if you have a newer unit.
If you have any questions about what should be done or when contact us at Air Conditioning ProTech Corp. Our technicians are here to assist you with all your air conditioner maintenance needs in Miramar, Miami Gardens, Hollywood, FL, and surrounding areas!
What Happens When You Don't Have AC Maintenance On Your Unit?
Your air conditioner is a high-performance appliance, so do not skip regular maintenance to save time and money! The consequences for your pocketbook and the quality of your indoor environment can be quite significant if you neglect proper care.
If you skip air conditioning maintenance, the following may happen:
- Your unit will lose efficiency and start running longer than it should. This can lead to a need for costly repairs and increased energy costs!
- Over time, your indoor air quality may decline due to mold growth or pest infestations. If pests enter your home through an unscreened air conditioning unit, they may reproduce in large numbers and leave droppings throughout your home.
- Your heating and cooling system will become dirty, leading to increased dust and airborne allergen levels and a decline in indoor comfort because the system does not run properly or efficiently.
- Your unit’s parts will need to be replaced more often than usual, such as the evaporator coil or compressor.
We recommend scheduling an AC maintenance appointment at least once a year. However, twice a year is ideal—once in the spring and the fall.